Welcome to Integrated Metaphotonics Group!
We explore the fundamental science in optics/photonics and bridge the gap between new findings and future technologies. Our expertise is in the development (modeling, fabrication, and characterization) of chip-scale (micro/nano) photonic devices with a novel design and a function. Please find more details in the Research and Publication pages.
Microresonator Kerr frequency combs, high-density photonic integration,
metamaterials and plasmonics, nonlinear/quantum photonics, passive/active photonic devices, silicon photonics.
We are hiring!
Please find more details on the Openings page.
- Bridget presented her research on frequency combs at the Undergraduate Research Conference (URC 2019)! Well done, Bridget!04/02/2019
- Borhan’s paper on “Extremely high dispersions in heterogeneously coupled waveguides” has been published at Optics Express! Congratulation!!!04/01/2019
- Amir Joined our group! Welcome to the Texas Tech!01/18/2019
- The research on extreme-mode-converters was highlighted in several scientific news including Phys.org, Nanowerk, ScienceDaily, EurekAlert! Check it out!12/01/2018
- Prof. Howard Lee from Baylor University gave a talk on “Electronically Tunable Optical Metasurfaces and Zero-index Materials for Emerging Nanophotonic Application”. Thanks for the visit!11/17/2018
- Prof. Kim gave an invited seminar at the KRISS symposium. Thanks for the invitation!10/26/2018