Welcome to Integrated Metaphotonics Group!
We explore the fundamental science in optics/photonics and bridge the gap between new findings and future technologies. Our expertise is in the development (modeling, fabrication, and characterization) of chip-scale (micro/nano) photonic devices with a novel design and a function. Please find more details in the Research and Publication pages.
Microresonator Kerr frequency combs, high-density photonic integration,
metamaterials and plasmonics, nonlinear/quantum photonics, passive/active photonic devices, silicon photonics.
We are hiring!
Please find more details on the Openings page.
- The paper on “Photonic waveguide to free-space Gaussian beam extreme mode converter” is published in Light: Science & Applications!10/10/2018
- Syed (PhD), Saleha (MS), Bridget (BS), and Ashley (BS) are joining our group starting from the fall 2018! We welcome all new members!08/29/2018
- Trenched silicon nitride microresonators for two-color solitons published in Optics Letters! (Highlighted as an Editors’ Pick!)05/19/2018
- Extreme skin-depth (e-skid) waveguide published in Nature Communications!05/19/2018
- Two conference presentations at CLEO 2018!05/19/2018
- The collaborative work with NIST on “Photonic chip for laser stabilization to an atomic vapor with 10^(−11) instability” published in Optica. Check out the news at NIST!04/10/2018