Welcome to Integrated Metaphotonics Group!
We explore the fundamental science in optics/photonics and bridge the gap between new findings and future technologies. Our expertise is in the development (modeling, fabrication, and characterization) of chip-scale (micro/nano) photonic devices with a novel design and a function. Please find more details in the Research and Publication pages.
Microresonator Kerr frequency combs, high-density photonic integration,
metamaterials and plasmonics, nonlinear/quantum photonics, passive/active photonic devices, silicon photonics.
We are hiring!
Please find more details on the Openings page.
- The collaborative work with NIST on “Photonic chip for laser stabilization to an atomic vapor with 10^(−11) instability” published in Optica. Check out the news at NIST!04/10/2018
- Prof. Kim met Pi2 scholars (undergraduate research program at TTU) and gave a talk about exciting research opportunities with nanophotonics. Hope them to find interesting research topics!03/21/2018
- Prof. Kim participated the South Plains Regional Science & Engineering Fair (SPRSEF 2018) as a judge panel and met brilliant future (K-12) engineers and scientists (STEM).02/09/2018
- Prof. Kim gave a physics colloquium at University of North Texas. Thanks Prof. Drachev for the invitation!02/06/2018
- Prof. Kim gave a physics colloquium at Texas Tech University. Thanks Prof. Peralta for the invitation!01/31/2018
- Md Borhan Mia joins us as a PhD student. Welcome Borhan!01/01/2018